1.29.2014

Dear Valentine . . .

I teamed up with Declared to showcase their single empowered Valentine’s Day collection. Peep it and shop it at www.shopdeclared.com!
Photos: Amy Lynn / HMU: Kirby Keomysay at Kontempo/ Styling: Esoteric Velvet & Paperdoll






 
Valentine’s Day is about 2 weeks away. Now if you’re the type of person that detests the holiday because of the love clichés attached with it. . . STOP, because there is always something for everyone on Valentine’s Day!
Seriously. I found this out last year.
On Valentine’s Day in 2013 I was single for the first time in two years. It was upsetting, hard, and difficult to get out of bed to see the sun shine, BUT a special person showed me otherwise. That special person was not a boy or a daydreamed handsome celeb; that special person was my mom. My mom woke me up with a Mickey foam figure with a sign that said “I love you” and even though I was upset because I was alone, I realized I really wasn’t and that there is so much more to love than just a boy bringing you flowers and telling you you’ll always be “the one.” That day I decided to get up and see all the other sides of love. So my mom, sisters and I decided to get dressed up and go out to dinner. That Valentine’s Day was different than any other: it was beautiful, it was family, it was friendship and it was meaningful even without the Walgreen's teddy bears and chocolates. Fast forward to a year later and I’m still single, but I’m excited. I’m not dreading or hating the holiday, because it’s a day to love everyone and everything in your life. Plus, if you have Jesus as your boyfriend like I do, you know you’re never really alone ;)

In the words of Celine Dion, "Don't surrender, cuz you can win in this called LOVE...and that's the way it is!"
  
XOXO,
Nancy

1 comment: